Benefits of the Lasting Connection System®
When you utilize the Lasting Connection System® with couples you will have the tool you need to help them move into more closeness as well as helping them learn to move through distress to connection more reliably and quickly – one step at a time.
You will notice:
- The Lasting Connection System®, through your mentoring, guides couples through a process where they learn, through supported experience, how to be open and what to be open about as well as how and when to respond with empathy. These are skills most couples don’t have and can be difficult to learn as adults.
- The Lasting Connection System® provides you a clear path to help couples navigate through issues and differences in a manner that is transparent, concrete and connecting.
- The Lasting Connection System® provides you structure that will support your quest to work with emotion “here and now,” allowing you to monitor the process with a visible reference that keeps your couples working together, that helps them emerge with a richer, more effective communication experience.
- The Lasting Connection System® is perfect to use as homework between therapy sessions to help couples understand and share more fully, including their inner worlds and process of emotion which encourages an increase of love and understanding. If you utilize Emotionally Focused Therapy you will find the Lasting Connection System® provides excellent at-home practice in support of the work you are doing with your couples in therapy. This practice is designed to increase the effectiveness of your therapy sessions by helping them share more clearly, connect intentionally and settled into a deeper self-awareness and a more open and connected relationship. Imagine, helping couples reach their relational goals and feel better faster.
- Through using the Lasting Communication System®, your clients will learn aspects of communication that incorporate the principles of attachment theory that are not taught or emphasized in typical communication skills training. Your clients will learn how to share and process issues on a deeper, more vulnerable level. The connection system assists your clients to remain focused and grounded while sharing to prevent reactive responses or becoming flooded.
- The Lasting Connection System® prompts your couples to discover and share hidden feeling and needs. As you mentor them with the Lasting Connection System® you will help them begin to discover they can share what really matters and problem solve together. Most importantly, one step at a time they learn how to be accessible, responsive and engaged with each other, which is key to the development of secure attachment.